1. BIDDER REGISTRATION: The auction is open to the public and your attendance is welcomed. To register for the auction, you must display a cashier’s check (made payable to Elliot Paul & Company Auctions) in the amount of $10,000.00 in order to bid. Upon being declared the top bidder, the cashier’s check will be applied as a partial deposit and the deposit must be increased to ten percent (10%) of the total contract price of the property due immediately upon signing the contract in the form of a personal check. Please come prepared to participate in the auction.
2. PROPERTY INSPECTIONS: All bidders are encouraged to personally inspect the real estate being offered. The property will be sold in “AS-IS” condition. The buyer will be responsible for all closing costs including, but not limited to documentary stamps, title insurance and all other closing costs. Since the Seller is a Political Subdivision of the State of Florida, the subject property is not subject to ad valorem taxes for the current year, therefore, no property tax prorations will be made at closing. The buyer is advised that the subject property will be subject to ad valorem taxes for 2023. Real Estate taxes 2022 shall be the responsibility of the buyer. No representation is made with respect to suitability for any intended purpose or use. Please inspect the property and records prior to making any bids.
3. CONTRACT DEPOSIT, PAYMENT: Bids may not be retracted once accepted by the auctioneer. All deposits shall be paid on the day of sale. The successful bidder agrees to sign the purchase contract immediately following the auction. The purchase contract is available for inspection and review. The terms are not negotiable upon being declared the winning bidder.
4. FORM OF AUCTION: Please be advised that the auctioneer shall offer the property subject to sellers’ confirmation. Upon the conclusion of the auction, the buyer will immediately execute the Purchase Contract. The Seller, Martin County, shall have Forty-eight (48) hours to accept the high bid and contract executed by the buyer.
5. BROKER PARTICIPATION INVITED: Any licensed real estate broker is eligible to earn commission equal to twenty percent (20%) of the net commission provided their clients have been preregistered with the office of the auctioneer.
a) The prospect must be registered in writing with Elliot Paul & Co. and counter signed by the broker/salesperson. The registration must be received 24 hours prior to the auction by email.
b) The broker/salesperson MUST attend the auction with their prospect and register at the auction site.
c) Broker/salesperson acting as principals are excluded from receiving commission.
d) Broker/salesperson must be procuring cause.
e) Commission will be paid at the successful closing.
6. CONDUCT OF AUCTION: The method and order of sale shall be at the sole discretion of the auctioneer. The auctioneer may change or modify the Terms and Conditions of this auction by announcement at the podium. Any such announcement shall take precedence over printed material or oral statements made. Bids will be accepted ONLY from bidders who have duly registered in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of sale. Bidders arriving at the auction site without the required deposit will not be permitted to participate in the auction. The auctioneer’s decision relative to bidding increments, order of sale and any disputes between bidders will be final. The auctioneer shall have the right to cancel or withdraw the property at its sole discretion.
7. BUYERS PREMIUM: A ten percent (10%) buyer’s premium will be added to the high bid made and taken and included in the contract price.
8. CLOSING: The purchase contract provides for payment of the balance of the total purchase price to be made no later than thirty (30) days from the auction date. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.
9. REAL ESTATE AGENCY DISCLOSURE: As required by Florida Statute 475, which regulates the sale of real estate in Florida, Elliot Paul & Company Auctions represents the seller in this transaction.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: Please be advised that this auction will be audio recorded to provide a permanent record of this auction event.
11. AUCTION BROCHURE: All information contained in the auction brochure, online advertising, bidder information package or supplied either in writing or verbally by staff members was derived from sources believed to be reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment and inspection of the property and records.
12. PREVIEWS: Bidders are encouraged to inspect the property. Signs are on the properties.
13. BIDDER INFORMATION: Due diligence and additional information is available to bidders upon request. Please contact the auction company.